The #ChangeTheStory campaign is about empowering teens to take control of their own narrative and how their story is being told. The message is one of hope and letting youth in crisis (and those around that child) know that NeedHelpNow.ca is here to help! Whether it is your story as a teen, a safe adult helping a kid in crisis, an acting out youth that regrets the actions taken – the #ChangeTheStory message involves everyone.
Ways you can get involved:
You can help us reach at least 1 million accounts by engaging youth in posting messages about how they can #ChangetheStory from an online world where people are hurt to one where they are supported and loved.
- Share your ways to #ChangeTheStory through personal videos and selfies
- Share the videos associated with the #ChangeTheStory Campaign
- Encourage anyone that may have a sexual image being shared online to visit NeedHelpNow.ca
School and youth engagement:
For Grade 9/10 teachers, we encourage you to use our classroom activity to have the students share their ideas of positive messages that will help youth #ChangeTheStory. Learning outcomes include:
- Students becoming aware of the harmful impacts of cyberbullying
- Students recognizing that they have a role to play in promoting positive change
If you are interested in copies of the material associated with this campaign, contact us.
“I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.”
— Anne Frank