Here you will find information on certain criminal offences in Canada to help give you a general understanding of the type of behaviour that could be illegal and result in charges by police, as well as the places to report these issues.

Reporting a Potential Crime

If you believe you have been victimized online, it is very important to notify police or report to Based on the available information, the proper authorities will decide if an investigation is warranted and whether charges may be laid.

  • Police

    1. Search online for the agency that is responsible for policing in your area.
    2. Phone the detachment, let them know your age and tell them what has happened.

    1. Go to to tell us about your concern.
    2. Call our toll-free line if you would prefer to make a report over the phone (1-866-658-9022).
  • Options Other than Reporting

    1. Speak to a safe adult such as a parent, teacher, or school counsellor for advice. Adults can offer insight and options that you or your friends may not have considered and have more authority to address concerns.
    2. If you are not able to identify a safe adult to talk to, contact Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868) and speak with a counsellor to receive help on what to do next.
    3. If you are unable or unwilling to seek support from family, another safe adult or a counsellor, talk to a close friend.