To make a complaint about a sexual image shared in a snap, or story on Snapchat:
- Press and hold on the snap or story until a button appears in the bottom left corner.
- Tap to report it.
- Select “Nudity or sexual content” followed by “It’s an inappropriate Snap of me” or “It asks for or threatens to post inappropriate Snaps”. Where possible, include the information outlined in the four points above.
- Tap “Submit”.
To make a complaint regarding a Snapchat user threatening to post sexual images:
- Press and hold on the Snapchatter’s name and tap the button.
- Tap “Report” to report the account.
- Select the most appropriate option for what you are concerned about and follow the instructions for reporting the specific concern within the app.
We update the content on this page quarterly but because online services may change their reporting processes, you may find the instructions above do not work. If that occurs, do your best to adjust the process to match what you are seeing onscreen – it may be that a simple adjustment is all that is required (e.g. if the precise drop down option listed above does not appear, try choosing the option that is closest to what is suggested above). If all else fails, you can also contact us and we can try to assist you with the process.